Any posts before February 2016 can be broken.
wordPress.com now supports previously deleted subdomains so I reclaimed ‘azneita’.
Being the eager beaver that I am, I also imported all the stuff I have lying around and from what I’ve seen so far, some posts may contain broken image links and the like.
As a side-note, it amuses me to no end how my younger self views the world. Time indeed flies.
need to learn public speaking
bold and audacious
not about having the right answer but packaging that answer in consumable form (?)
it’s about making the most out of the hours our contributors give
– autonomy (we want choices)
– relatedness (social groups are important)
experience and choice!
we accomplish goals indirectly
leaders should set good examples
culture, age, and experience
here app (offline maps)
physical computing – back to roots!
go (language) for building tools!
percona 5.6 at dropbox
grafana at dropbox
improving backup restore speed – lzop
naoru: auto-remediation framework
inventory management: machine database (mdb)
diagnostics: automated periodic tcpdump
culture shift from nab (bank) to dropbox
everyone is so brave
predictive analysis on existing capacity
do more CTF!
static analyzer – idapro
gdb – sig to stop process without stopping it
have a seat at the table
beef – xss
content security policy – READ!!!
1155 front door, st paul
world without linux – video on youtube
– platform bashing – contempt culture
– php example (wordpress, drupal)
– value contributions from everyone
– metrics can be gamed
– risky especially in a corporate setting
– making idigenous people feel welcomed at events
– digital maori
– speaking out against trolls
– public support vs private support
– people should feel safe
communication is really hard
get a notebook!
– go away from drinking culture
– burnout and picking your battles
– cap opswork then build tools
– postmortem on every page
– sweat the details
– build tools
Scrypt – increase number of iterations
4444 – meterpreter port
github ssh keys
eureka – service discovery
do not harcode connection info on the apps
packer – hashicopr
treat your instances as cattle and not pets
puppet supports aws, do check
12 factor app
consistently broken, once fixed, it’s consistently fixed
deliver value faster with reduced risk
anything not under unit tests – legacy software
anything that you can’t iterate on quickly enough – legacy software
For reasons unknown, i need skype on my fedora 21 desktop.
A quick google gave me – https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/44013/skype-install-64-bit-fedora-20/, which is quite near my fedora version number. Reading through the answers, I settled on following https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/8738/sticky-how-to-install-skype/ which is Ankur’s recommendation.
Below are stuff I stole from the internet:
- Download the Fedora 16 32-bit rpm from http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/
- Use yum or rpm to install
- yum localinstall skype-188.8.131.52-fedora.i586.rpm
- Install the additional packages (for me, only pulseaudio-libs-glib2-5.0-25.fc21.i686 is installed)
- yum -y install libXv.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 qt.i686 qt-x11.i686 pulseaudio-libs.i686 pulseaudio-libs-glib2.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
- Fire up skype