For reasons unknown, i need skype on my fedora 21 desktop.
A quick google gave me – https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/44013/skype-install-64-bit-fedora-20/, which is quite near my fedora version number. Reading through the answers, I settled on following https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/8738/sticky-how-to-install-skype/ which is Ankur’s recommendation.
Below are stuff I stole from the internet:
- Download the Fedora 16 32-bit rpm from http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/
- Use yum or rpm to install
- yum localinstall skype-18.104.22.168-fedora.i586.rpm
- Install the additional packages (for me, only pulseaudio-libs-glib2-5.0-25.fc21.i686 is installed)
- yum -y install libXv.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 qt.i686 qt-x11.i686 pulseaudio-libs.i686 pulseaudio-libs-glib2.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
- Fire up skype